Friday, June 5, 2020

Summer Mini Album using CCC June Premium Membership

Hey there Crafty Creeps!

Celia from Paper Beats Rock Designs up today with a fun project share using Creepy Cute Chronicles June Premium Membership stamp Hello Summer.

I found a simple shell design at TheNounProject.com, printed it out and used it as a template for my pages and album cover. I meticulously cut out the inside of the shell to create and cut file like shape for the cover. I machines stitched along the edges of each piece to make sure they weren't going anywhere and give the cover added texture and reinforce the shell shape as I planned to put fussy cut stamped images on top.
I grabbed a chipboard anchor from my stash and dabbed on dark, light, and metallic blue onto it with my finger. After letting that layer dry, I came back with a gold-black and glitter paint on top. While those last layers dried, I coloured up the Hello Summer stamp elements and fussy cut them out. 
Once everything was ready I hot glued some tulle and gauze the the bottom left and top right of the album cover. I grabbed a camera from my stash and the anchor and tucked flowers around them both. 

Then I added my Skull-ocolada and three different types of Thickers to create my title. The word "sweet" was actually white and blended in too much, so I grabbed some acrylic paint, watered it down a little, applied it, and then dabbed it off with a paper towel while it was still wet. I ripped a small piece of scrap paper and layered it behind the word DAZE so it would stand out a little better and voila! Cover Finished!

I can't  wait to fill this little book with Summer Memories and countdown to Spooky Season! Only 148 days until Halloween, so make sure you're signed up for the Creepy Cute Chronicles and the Premium Membership to get your weekly dose of the heebie-jeebies sent right to your email along with inspiration from other crafters and those awesome Monthly Exclusives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment