Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Crime and Crafts Episode 1, feat. OddBall Art

Hello everyone and welcome to the first episode of Crime and Crafts, the show that will dive in to True Crime stories. During this series,  I will be creating scenes inspired by the stories I will be sharing with you. 

Though these are grisly,  sinister in nature, I won't be creating gruesome crafts. I will only be using portions of the story; place, time, "characters " to bring the story to life.

I want to be respectful towards the victims and their families. So don't be expecting an "R" feature presentation. Let's remember that these were once living souls, who were snuffed from their families and loved ones. 
I ask that no matter what you think,  you remain respectful in your comments, as we discuss these unforeseen events. 

Today's case takes us back to 1980s New Orleans, where an unsuspecting heiress will meet her fate. Let's walk the paths through this Pet Cemetery, and uncover all the details to this sad tale. 


Dorothy Thompson was a wealthy heiress and owner of a Pet Cemetery. A prominent figure in New Orleans, everyone in town knew who she was. One day, a Brandon Nodier began working as a live-in caretaker for the grounds. But, one day, he made a series of choices that will not only see him committing a murder,  but evading the law for 30 years. 



For all the details on this case, please visit my YouTube Channel, where I have also created a full tutorial for the scene I am sharing with you today. 

Many articles and updates can be found online, but my favored resource was this website.

I used OddBall Art IMG#363 Hudson , #349 Grave and Boneyard Scene , #124 Cemetery Girl Myra Manes and #533 Zombie Hearts and Hands. All colored using ArtNFly Sketch Markers.

I hope you enjoyed this first installment, and the manner in which I have chosen to present these cases to you. As I evolve and perfect my method, I hope to dive deeper in to the cases and bring to light all details that were important during the times they happened. 

If you have any suggestions for future installments, please let me know in the comments below. 

Stay safe and keep crafting,
Eny Dunn 

1 comment:

  1. How fun.. Genius idea.. Love this scene and the story-line behind it.. Can't wait to see more headlines.. Hugs AJ DT Sis

    ReplyDelete