Saturday, February 6, 2021

Birthday Pocket Letter

Hey Creepy Cuties!


And Happy Birthday to all my fellow Aquarius's 🐳💙🌊. It's Celia from Paper Beats Rock Designs here to show you what I've been working on. With this month's Oddball Challenge being pocket letters, I decided to make myself a birthday pocket letter commemorating my 31st birthday, and my "Spooky Year".
I used my alcohol markers to color up stamp  number 285 "Party Girl" in my favorite colors: Grey and Purple. Then I dove into my scrapbox and used only scraps to fill in the different sections along with buttons, die cut hearts, and "31" in Thickers.
I used a couple of different glass beads and sequins to create my party mix to fill in the awkward little strip in the middle of the pocket page. The washi held it in place alright, but not great, so I went over to my sewing machine and gave it a few passes of messy stitching with silver and purple threads.
I snagged a cupcake from the "Spooky Sweets" stamp set number 468 and colored it to sort of match the SnapChat filter I used on my BDay.
I also grabbed this skull out of my OddBall Box, but I can't remember what set it's from. Drop a comment below if you know. 
I used my Cricut to cut out the title card as well as my journaling cards and used more washi to make a flip up about how my birthday was.
I topped it all off with a generous sprinkle of rhinestones flat back pearls and sparkly bats from Michael's Halloween a few years ago.
After I added a few stamped embellishments, clear stickers, and tiny word stickers from my stash, I called it all done.
I hope this inspires you to make a pocket letter, even if it's just for yourself 💜. And if you do, tag me on Instagram @Paperbeatsrockdesigns and hashtag your project #oddballchallenge. And if you'd like to pick up these stamps or any others from the Oddball Store be sure to use my discount code CEL1 to get a free stamp for every two you buy.

2 comments:

  1. This is so freaking beautiful!!! I love it and really enjoyed reading thru your process! Glad you had a happy birthday! Feeling super inspired to get crafty right now!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I die to LOVE with your project!!
    Kisses, Natalia (@la_maleta_encantada_scrap)

    ReplyDelete