Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Love Bites: An Anti-Valentine from the Heart

With Valentines day just around the corners, it seemed about time for my annual anti valentines card. It is not that I am against Valentine's Day or anything, I just find the card against it so much more fun than the ones for it. I thought this digital stamp, IMG#506 Vamp Boy Mr. Valentine from Oddball Art is perfect for my anti-Valentine.

I started by printing out the digital stamp onto some cardstock and coloring it with my copic markers.

I then fussy cut out both the image and the sentiment so they could float on my card.

To create the background, I dripped Dr. Ph Martin's Hydrus water color ink in red down some heavy duty cardstock along with a few well placed splatters. Let me know in the comments below if this came out just a little too realistic.

To finish the background off, I added a heavy rubbing of Black Soot Distress Oxide around the edge.

I finished the card by adhering the background to an A2 card frame, and then adhere Mr. Vamp to the background. I also floated the sentiment with a little three dimensional tape so it is popped up.

Let me know what you think of my anti-Valentine and if you make fun cards like this during the love holiday. Until then, happy crafting.

2 comments: