Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Baby Got Bit!

IMG_9828
So my teenage son has been complaining (as teenagers tend to do) that there are not enough boy friendly cards.  I think he is sadly mistaken(or sadly absolutely correct), but today I am creating a card just for him and his buddies. 

I pulled out the Oddball Art digital stamp IMG465 Zombie Unicorn just for him and set off to create a man-child friendly card!

IMG_9814
I started by coloring the image in shades of blue and gray and then blend them out with some gamsol. 

IMG_9815
I finished coloring the rest of the image, letting the gore of the image be highlighted more than I normally would (you know for my horror loving son).

IMG_9821
I fussy cute the image out and set it aside.

IMG_9822
To create the background, I got a little experimental.  I trimmed up a piece of heavy stock watercolor paper.  I then pulled out some liquid watercolor and added to the watercolor paper.

IMG_9823
I sprayed the liquid watercolor, and spread it around a little with a watercolor brush.

IMG_9824
While the watercolor was still wet, I sprinkle some black powdered watercolor onto the cardstock.  I heat set the cardstock.

IMG_9825
Using some Distress Oxide in Black Soot, I blended ink around the edges of the cardstock to darken the look of the entire background.

IMG_9826
I trimmed up the watercolor paper and adhered it to an A2 cardframe.  Then using some double sided adhesive, I adhered the focal image onto the card.

IMG_9827
I pulled the sentiment included with the digital stamp, distressed it a little with some ink and adhered it to the cardstock.  I also pulled out a snarky sentiment sticker and added it to the card as well.

IMG_9831
Finally, I added some Nuvo Drops in matte gray around the card to add just a little bit of guy friendly bling.

IMG_9829
Let me know in the comments below what kind of guy friendly cards you make.  Until then, happy crafting.

2 comments:

  1. I personally don't make too many 'guy friendly' cards .. I find it easier to make girly cards.. or just basic Thinking of You cards.. Your masculine card is wonderful. I like him and the sentiment is perfect.. Love your background. Thanks for the how to .. Hugs.. AJ DT Sis.

    ReplyDelete