Friday, April 10, 2020

Party Time!

IMG_9747
Did you see that the 100th issue of Oddball Art's Creepy Cute Chronicles is launching tonight?  That's right, the 100th issue!  And celebrate this milestone, I am creating an extra special and large art project!  Today I have pulled out a full piece of 8.5x11 inches watercolor paper and combined this week's Creepy Cute Chronicles's free digital stamp and IMG443 Mermaid of the Stars and IMG434 Zombie Unicorn.  Because let's be honest, what's a party without a few of your closet friends!

IMG_9737
I started by printing out the CCC100, IMG443 and IMG434 digital stamps out onto watercolor paper.

IMG_9738
I then colored in each of the stamps with my Zig Real Brush water color pens.  I went vibrate with the Mermaid.

IMG_9739
I stuck to a pretty traditional color palette for the ghost, focusing on pale grays.

IMG_9740
For the Unicorn Zombie, I experiment with a pale purple and light gray to see if I could get an eerie feeling.  What do you think?  Was I close?

IMG_9741
Finally, I went with bold and bright colors for the banners, because lets be frank....it's a party.

IMG_9743
I then added a layer of Distress Oxide in Frayed Burlap around the edges of the massive project.

IMG_9744
I then added layers of paint over the ink to create a rust effect to lock in the digital images into the
paper.

IMG_9746
Finally I added several dollops of White Blizzard Nuvo drops around the project to add so sparkly (cause you know, it's a party).

IMG_9748
What do you think?  Is this a party you would want to attend?  Let me know in the comments below.

IMG_9749
And make sure you pop over to the Oddball Art Instagram Page.  The party will be continuing over there to celebrate the 100th issue of Creepy Cute Chronicles.

IMG_9751

No comments:

Post a Comment