Saturday, August 14, 2021

Halloween Rocks Card

Hey there Creepy Cuties!

Celia from Paper Beats Rock Designs back from my loooong hiatus to share how I created my first Halloween card of 2021 using CCC №154 Spooky Sweet Life!

First, I printed out my image (along with a few for future projects) and colored it up with alcohol markers.
After fussy cutting out the image, I made an A2 card from grey card stock. Then, I grabbed a couple of orange scraps and adhered them to the card front.


Y'all know I love the way stitching looks on cards, so I went around the edges with a straight stitch and then down the middle of the scraps with a zig-zag stitch that I think mimics the Frankenstein Monster rocker hand nicely.
After that I went to my manual diecut machine and cut "Happy Halloween" from black cardstock. I cut the "Happy" from "Halloween" and saved that for a later project.
For the rest of my sentiment I pulled out a set of Heidi Swapp alphas and stamped "ROCKS!" out in orange ink. I adhered both parts of the sentiment down to the card front, then grabbed some black thread and hand stitched along one side of each letter of "Rocks".
I was going to do the same in orange thread to the word "Halloween", but decided to forgo that idea, thinking it may make the cursive hard to read.
Next, I popped CCC №154 up on some craft foam and glued it next to my sentiment. To finish off the card I added some rhinestones in green, black and orange.
I totally love the way this card came out and can't wait to create a hole bunch more Halloween cards with more Oddball images. If you are interested in this digistamp or any other Oddball image go check out the Oddball Shop and make sure to use the code CEL1 to get a free stamp with the purchase of two!





No comments:

Post a Comment