Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Too Many Other Options

IMG_E8503
Hey Friends!  It's EK and today I am popping back to my roots and going old school.  When I started down the art/crafting path many years ago, the only watercolors I owned for the longest time were Distress Inks.  Now I own high quality watercolors, watercolor pencils, watercolor markers, hybrid watercolors and so much more.  I have abandoned my first watercolors basically at this point, so I thought it might be fun to pull them back out.

I pulled an oldie but goodie digital stamp from Oddball Art to play around with, IMG 113 Bad Girls Have More Fun.  I printed the image out onto some watercolor paper, and painted it up using a collection of Distress Inks.  The jeans were colored with Faded Jeans, the sweatshirt with Dusty concord, and her skin tone with both Tattered Rose and Brushed Corduroy.

IMG_E8504
I fussy cut out both the image and the sentiment, then layered on some printed paper, trying to keep the background both interesting and simple (always a hard feat).  Finally I added a little detailing with a pen and a few drops of Nuvo.

IMG_E8505
What is your favorite way to watercolor, both old school and modern?  Let us know in the comments below.  Until then, happy crafting.

1 comment:

  1. Love your background and colouring on your 'bad' girl .. Hugs.. AJ DT Sis

    ReplyDelete