Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Mermaid Galentine's Day Card

 Happy Galentine's Day Creepy Cuties 💜

I have a mixed media mermaid card to share with y'all using Molly the Mischievous Mermaid Stamp 319 From Oddball Stamps.

First I created my background using scraps to make a 5¼in x 4in panel which I sewed the edges with orange thread. Then I gave the right bottom section a little bit of white gesso with my finger.

I grabbed coordinating distress oxides and inked the edges of my panel and card. Then I grabbed a a polka dot stencil from my stash and used the opposing  colors. Then I grabbed a heart stencil and iridescent paste.

After everything was dry, it was time to layer up all my goodies. I used some burlap ribbon that I distressed, Prima flowers that I sprayed with Glimmer Mists, and lace. I stamped out some plants, sand dollars and starfish and colored them with the inks and mists. 

After all my stamped elements were dry and fussy cut out, I tucked them around too. I adhered some wooden letters and my stamped sentiments and added a little bit of craft foam behind Molly the Mermaid. 

At last, I added some pearls and wooden hearts and anchor around the card and topped it off with small sections of glitter piles.

I used some stamps from my stash to finish the inside along with a couple more fussy cut littles. I love the way it came out and hope it inspires you to make a fun card for your best friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment