Friday, May 24, 2019

Creepy Cute Chronicles #54

EK Gorman, Oddball Art CCC54 a
It is Friday, so that means it is time for a new Creepy Cute Chronicles newsletter over at Oddball Art!  Today, I am playing with this week's CCC digital stamp, but blowing it up have and mounting it onto a 8x10 inch wood canvas.

IMG_5941
To give you perspective of how large I blew up the Red's Pet Wolf digi, I put a full size Distress ink case there.

IMG_5942
Then using my copics, I colored both Red...

IMG_5943
...And her pet wolf.  I am not crazy about the coloring on the wolf, but by the end of the canvas the coloring work.

IMG_5944
I fussy cut out both of the image and set them aside while I build the background of the canvas.

IMG_5946
I scraped on some black metallic acrylic paint onto my wooden canvas.

IMG_5945
I die cut three panels of trees, and sprayed them with both a matte and a glittery spray ink.  I repeated the process with panels of grass cut out and gray, glittery black and green glitter spray ink.

IMG_5947
Using soft matte gel, I adhered the trees onto the canvas, letting there be texture with the gel.  I also added the grass to the canvas with the same gel.

IMG_5948
I then added the digital stamps onto the canvas.  I could have quit here and been happy with the end result, but I wanted to build the canvas up more.

IMG_5949
So to build up the canvas, I pulled out metal crafting pieces, wire, paper flowers, art stones and more black acrylic paint an built up the bottom of the canvas with fun layers.

IMG_5950
I really like how the texture built up the final look of the canvas.

IMG_5951
Finally, I added a fun sentiment to the final product.

EK Gorman, Oddball Art CCC54 bEK Gorman, Oddball Art CCC54 c

If you are not yet signed up for the Oddball Weekly newsletter...what are you waiting for.  Sign up today.  And until then, happy crafting.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your process this is fab! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely project. Love this sentiment.. Thanks for sharing your how to.. AJ DT Sis

    ReplyDelete