Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Stay Cute

IMG_9724
Hey Oddballs!  It's EK popping in with a brand new card designs.  Anyone else during these strange times finding they now have day jammies and then switch into their night jammies?  I never wear jammies during the day normally, and rarely wear work out cloths unless I am actually working out.  However, with my family staying home to flatten the curve, I find that all of us dress like we are constantly off to bed.

Yesterday, I walked down fully dressed in adult cloths (really nothing fancy, just jeans and cute top) and my children asked where I was going.  I informed that today I was going to dress like life was normal, and stay cute.  This morning, all three of my kids (one a teenager, and the other two preteens) walked down dressed for school like they had prior to covid.  I asked what they were doing, knowing that I too was dressed like normal, and my 11 year old said simply, "Staying Cute."

I thought it would only appropriate today to pull out the digital stamp IMG471 Skull and Ball Cap from Oddball Art and create a little card to remind us all to Stay Cute!  (By the way dressing in 'real' cloths really helped my outlook on my day, if you were wondering.  I'm curious to see if it does the same for my kids).

IMG_9719
I started by printing out the digital image onto some cardstock.  Then using my copic markers I colored the image.

IMG_9720
After coloring in the image (and aiming for a girly feel despite the skull), I fussy cut out the focal image.

IMG_9721
I have been playing with my alcohol inks a lot lately and decided to create a fun purple and grey background for my oddball stamp.  I used Pebble, Purple Twilight and Wild Plum to create this background.

IMG_9722
I adhered the background to an A2 card frame and then adhered with double sided tape the skull to the background.

IMG_9723
Finally, I added a sentiment from Tim Holtz Snarky sticker collection.  I think no truer sentiment could be used in these strange times.

IMG_9725
I hope my card finds you happy, healthy, still possessing a sense of humor, and frankly staying cute.

IMG_9726
If you are looking for some new images to color while you finish up doing nothing from yesterday, pop over to Oddball Art to snag a few new digital stamps.  Oddball Art is known for their whimsical images with a touch of humor.  And you don't have to wait to the mailman to arrive to get crafting.  All you have to do is print!

Make sure you share you work over on the Oddball Art Facebook Ground with the design team so we can see what you are up to.  Until then, happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Cute card. Love your background and funny sentiment .. Hugs.. AJ DT Sis .

    ReplyDelete