Saturday, November 16, 2019

Creepy Cute Chronicles issue 79

 In this weeks Creepy Cute Chronicles we feature AJ's incredible project, her Lunar Luminary inspired by this weeks featured image, color palette and card sketch we offer you in issue 79!


Visit AJ over on HER BLOG to see her step by step video and try this design at home!
Also in this weeks issue I am excited to be able to share my own project created using this weeks featured stamp, and following the same color palette seen above and inspired by the card sketch we give you in this weeks issue.


It was fun to get the paints, papers, glitter and glue out and get messy again, its been far too long!


I am so happy with how my card turned out but I found it rather hard to photograph due to the reflective nature of the gorgeous "paper" I used in the center which acted more like a mirror, showing my reflection in the image if I took a straight on photo. 


but that gorgeous glittering background makes it all worth while!


My card resembles a shadow box that follows the featured sketch design.  Instead of fixing the images to the background, I strung them in using thread. I love the dangling look it gives!


When I completed the card I found the images wanting to spin around rather then stay facing the right way.  To fix this issue I used foam mounting tape, doubled up to make about a 1/4 inch deep foam pad, I removed the backing from only one side and adhered the pads to the back of the images and leaving the backing on the opposite side so they still dangle and move side to side but this prevented them from turning the other way and flipping over.



With the move of my computer and desk from the office on the main floor to my basement studio this week,  I hope to be able to find a lot more crafty time then previously before.  

So stay tuned for more projects from me in the weeks to come!

AND

Head on over to Creepy Cute Chronicles to view our recent issue and download the free files or premium files if you are a premium member, and have a crafty great weekend!

#creepycutechronicles

1 comment:

  1. You have made a beautiful design Lizzy.. Love the shadowbox feel, overall design and the textures.. Hugs. AJ

    ReplyDelete