Sunday, May 24, 2020

Signs of Spring

Skyler and friends, Signs of spring
Hello Oddball friends!  I am so ready for warm weather....not rain, wind or snow, just sunshine!  But since it’s currently raining here I got out my altered journal and had some fun playing with mixed media.  At Oddballartstamps you can find images for any season of the year, I chose Skyler and friends for this project.    To create this entry in my journal I first gessoed the page, then I squirted a drop of acrylic paint (Plaid)  and used a credit card to scrape the paint across the page to make stripes.  I used a background stamp of French writing (stampers anonymous) and flower stencils (distress ink) over the strips.  The purple flower and leaves are modeling paste (Masters Touch) through a stencil.  The digital images were colored with Blackwidow pencils and the sky/ grass background is chalk pastel (Masters Touch) and pencil.  Do you use an art journal or altered journal?  I use mine for experiments and playing around with products I normally don’t work with.  Hope you enjoyed this glimpse into my altered journal.
Use code CHR1 at Oddballartstamps For a free image when you buy 2

1 comment:

  1. Fun journal page. Love the spring theme and colors.. Hugs. AJ DT Sis

    ReplyDelete