Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Alice in Wonderland - (Mini Album - pg 1)


Hello!

Today is the inspirational tutorial for the DT of OddballStamps and I bring you what I hope, if all goes well, it is the first page of a mini album inspired by the story of Alice in Wonderland, in a creepy version with the stamps from Oddball Stamps.


To create the structure, I was inspired by the work of Natalia Rusko and her pop-up albums and in a tutorial by a Spanish scraper, Samselua Scrap, to make a simpler version of those base structures.

I wanted my mini to have space for photos, but not that they were in the scene on the page, but I did not want to get involved with a structure as complicated as the so-called "Russian bindings". So I made a mix with the work of the two mentioned scrapers, and I took some measurements of my own and made this structure.


The bases are 18 cm (about 7 inches) high by the length of the A4 they are printed on (29.7 cm about 11” ¾ inches). They are folded in half.


[Don't ask me about the designs because I have no idea where they came from. I searched all over the internet for some funds that I liked and when I couldn't find anything, I asked some friends for help and they gave me these. Not having noted where they had come from, I was left with the doubt, so if someone recognizes them you can send me a private and I will be delighted to give the corresponding credits to whom it may concern]


The frames are 2.5 cm or 1” thick. They measure 18 cm high and vary in length according to the page (things to be tested as the structure was made), but if I have to say a final measurement, I am left with 23 cm (about 9 inches)


To join all the pages together, I cut a bunch of strips of the remains along the cardboard that were left and glued them together two by two folded in half (leaving 4-layer blocks of cardboard stuck together). This step may well be skipped if you have cardboard, glued cardboard or beer cardboard of about 2mm in white (this was not my case). At the time of pasting the pages between them, I pasted these blocks at the top and bottom of one of them creating a space where some dropdowns with the photos will go. (I hope I explained myself!!!)


After creating the structure my next step was to color and cut the main characters and the elements that were going to the scene that I looked for among the Oddball Stamps freebies. Finally the chosen ones were:

Clock: CCC 87 Haunted Cukoo Clock
“Drink Me” Bottle: CCC 89 Idiot Relief Bonehead Valentine
Sentiment: CCC 108 Beware of danger

 

Once colored with my Finecolour and cut out, I started assembling my page.


As you can see it is unfinished, the rest of the pages, covers and dropdowns for the photos are missing, which I will be doing little by little. In the next publications of inspiration I will show you.


It is different from what I have done so far and I hope you like it and inspire you to make your own creations, share them with the hashtag #creepycutechronicles and use the discount code DTIRENE10 that you have at your disposal for the Oddball Stamps store.

See you!


1 comment:

  1. This is just so amazing I absolutely LOVE it Irene!!!!! So whimsical in a spooky way and perfect Wonderland vibes! Thank you for the tutorial hun! <3

    ReplyDelete