Friday, June 19, 2020

Feeling Blue


CCC 110 Melancholy 
Hi friends! Tonight I will show you how I made this card for the lasted  addition of the Oddballartstamps Creepy Cute Chronicles newsletter.
First I made some background papers.  I usually make quite a few then I  have some for later projetcts.   These papers are ripped from a book that was water damaged.  I used Tim Holtz distress oxide in frayed burlap and mermaid lagoon.  I sprayed, dripped and smooshed the book papers with dye until I was happy with the results.
Next, I pulled molding paste through a water drops stencil (manufacturing unknown).  Let the paste air dry (1/2 hour maybe) and then I added mermaid lagoon distress oxide to the tops of the drops.  You can mix paint with paste and pre-color it if you like.  After that was done I mounted it on brown card stock.
Finally I colored the images using Prisma premium colored pencils (pictured are the hair colors I used to create her blonde hair).   After I finished coloring all the images, I fussy cut them out and glued them on top of the distressed book page.  I hope you enjoy my mixed media card and the rest of the inspiration in the CCC newsletter!!





No comments:

Post a Comment