Wednesday, January 13, 2021

January's CCC Exclusive Birthday Card

 Hey Crafty Creeps!

I dont know about you, but I have a ton of friends with birthdays this month! Seven when I count off the top of my head, with 3 landing on the same day! So needless to say, I've got a lot of cards to make this month. I created this fun Birthday card using  this month's Exclusive stamp from the Creepy Cute Chronicles: Pajama Party along with stamp #256 Monster Hood Teddy. One of my friends used to throw THE BEST sleepovers when we were kids, so I thought I make the card as an homage to them. 

I used Distress Oxide inks in Cracked Pistachio, Picked Raspberry, and Wilted Violet to color a 4x5.25 inch card front, then ran it through a starry embossing folder from Joann years ago. I colored up my stamped images in the same colors using a new set of alchohol markers (so bare with me on those skin tones🙄) 

I really wanted the background to look like confetti, so I splattered  different mists from my stash over it. Then I went even further and found a little star stamp from my stash and poped a few around the card in black ink. I stamped out my sentiment on some scrap paper, cut it out, and after gluing it down went around the strips with a black gel pen to make them stand out. 

Even with the embossed stars, stamped stars, and splatters, I felt like the scene was still missing something. So I went to my sequins stash a pulled out a mix from Tuesday Morning that matched brilliantly. I tried sprinkling them around the card but that didn't work. After a few failed ideas, I grabbed some black thread and strung the sequins along it. I looooove the way that looked so I glued it to the top of the card to look like party decorations. 



I used an Ink Road sentiment stamp along with a wine glass from an old Gossamer Blue stamp set to decorate the interior of the card on another scrap piece of inked paper. I really hope my friend enjoys this card as much as I had fun putting it together. 

Head on over to the Creepy Cute Chronicles and sign up for a Membership to receive stamps weekly and monthly or head over to the OddBall store using my codes CEL1 for BOGO 50% any digistamp! 

1 comment: