Monday, March 2, 2020

Alexa Oola




Hi there!  Chris here with a project that is out of this world!  For this project I used #522 Alexa Oola
intergalactic superstar.  First thing I did was color Alexa and the rocket ship.  I used only prisma colored pencils.  Unfortunately, I don’t have a process picture of that and i didn’t keep track of the colors.  Ugh!
I wanted this card to have movement.  I mean come on a rocket needs to propel through the air
right?  This picture shows the slider die.
Once you have placed the cut for the slider it’s  time to build the slider mechanism.  Since the rocket is a big object I used two for balance.  First take 2 pennies and place a small pop dot in the middle of one and sandwich them together.
Then place a larger dot on top (to hold the rocket).  Repeat the process for the second mechanism.  Finally, place the rocket on of the pennies.
After I finished the slider I decided I needed a planet.  I used cold pressed watercolor paper to make this purple watercolor planet.  Finally, it was time to put it all together.  What do you think?  Is it other worldly?  (Below is a close up of Alexa Oola!)





2 comments: