Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Be Original

Hey Oddballs!  It's EK from ekgorman designs and I am slipping in today with a card I colored using some creative coloring.

Today I am playing around with the Oddball digital art IMG185 Batzilla and my color wheel to create a truly colorful card.


Not only did I pull out my copic markers today, but I pulled my pocket color wheel.  I wanted to play around with the skin tone on Batzilla, and venture into something a little different and fun.  Using my color wheel I decided on using a Tetrad of color, or four colors even spaced out.  I decided that violet skin might be fun, so jumped off with that color.  Lining up my wheel, I discovered the three other colors, red (which turned out too orange), yellow and green, would compliment everything.


The background got a couple more colors to fill in the blank space and give the card a bit of visual interest.  Also the card got a Tim Holtz sticker sentiment to finish off the card.


I am just loving all the color on my project today.  Do you ever use a color wheel to help come up with the color scheme of your project?  Make sure you share your projects over on the Oddball Art Facebook Gallery.

Need a new digital stamp to play around with, use the code DTEK10 to get 10% off your purchase!

7 comments: